Keegan Berry - CV
SummaryA web developer and designer with over seven years of professional experience in all stages of website and web application production. Dedicated, versatile team player with a strong foundation in front-end development and experience in back-end development including the maintenance of legacy websites and systems. Passionate about learning new languages and technologies while keeping current with latest design trends.
Languages and Systems
- HTML5 & CSS3
- Jekyll & Static Site Generators
- PHP & MySQL
- Responsive design techniques
- Accessibility and 508 compliance
- Cross-platform compatibility
- Python, Flask, and Django
- SVG and D3.js
- Adobe Photoshop
- Adobe Illustrator
- Linux and Ubuntu Server
- Apache & Nginx
- VirtualBox, Vagrant, and Virtualenv
- Postman (API testing)
- Atom, Sublime Text, and VS Code
- Canvas LMS
University of Central Florida - Center for Distributed LearningWeb Developer, Oct 2017 – Present
- Worked in various technologies including Python (with Flask and Django frameworks) to develop web applications for UCF's LMS (Learning Management System).
- Utilized API's provided by LMS provider (Canvas LMS) to provide grade information for students and faculty.
- Collaborated with other team members on student- and faculty-facing grade dashboard, built in ReactJS, Flask, and leveraging the Canvas API.
- Provided UI and graphic design expertise on smaller projects as needed.
- Assisted peers with Wordpress development and Wordpress theme debugging.
University of Central Florida - UCF MarketingWeb Developer, Aug 2015 – Oct 2017
- Worked in various web technologies including Python, Wordpress, PHP, jQuery, and HTML/CSS to build and support web applications and sites to further University initiatives.
- Developed Wordpress websites and PHP & Django applications locally and deployed code to development and QA environments using Jenkins and GIT version control.
- Utilized Adobe products including Photoshop and Illustrator to design and develop web sites and web pages for marketing and promotional material.
CloudspaceGraphic Designer, Front-end Web Developer, & Software Engineer, Apr 2012 – Aug 2015
- Worked independently and as part of small teams to create web applications and design web interfaces.
- Communicated with clients to make updates and feature requests on existing systems in a variety of languages, including Ruby on Rails and PHP.
- Updated and maintain legacy systems built in PHP and MySQL, including feature additions and bug fixes.
- Managed local development environments using Vagrant and VirtualBox to help facilitate easy development and deployment of code, utilizing Capistrano and GIT version control (including GitHub).
- Investigated server issues, often involving an inspection of Rails, Apache, and Unicorn logs.
- Coordinated with other developers to solve code and design problems.
- Created a new homepage design to communicate the business goals of the company, while also conveying the modern marketing aesthetic desired by company executives.
University of Central FloridaWeb Developer, Oct 2006 – 2012
I worked at UCF as a web developer part time while working on obtaining my degree in Digital Media.
- Collaborated in a team of developers as well as cross-functional teams which included graphic designers, subject matter experts, and instructional designers.
- Designed and developed web applications and websites with an emphasis on accessibility and usability.
- Designed graphics using Flash and Photoshop to be used in web applications, websites, and print flyers.
- Presented at conferences and professional development venues including the Educause Learning Initiative (ELI) and the American Association of State Colleges and Universities (AASCU).
- Provided online course production development and technical support for online learners.
University of Central FloridaDigital Media, B.A., 2012
The Digital Media B.A. program at UCF provided exposure to many aspects of web design and development, including programming languages such as C and Java, as well as design tools such as Illustrator and Photoshop. While attenting the program I worked part-time on campus in various web-development capacities. This combo of theory and experience provided a great education that I'm very lucky to have been a part of.
- Coursework included developing small web applications and websites, utilising API technologies, and working with various programming languages including lower-level languages such as C.
- Completed graphic and web design related courses, which allowed me to practice working with Photoshop and Illustrator. It was also incredibly useful to see other students' work to compare work and get notes on how to improve.
- Electives completed included iOS application production, API development, and 3D modelling. While mostly introductory, these were interesting and eye-opening to see other areas computer programming and design.